The ZZ572 Deluxe is the ultimate expression of Chevrolet Performance’s engineering capability.
=> 621 HP @5400 RPM | 861 Nm
Proving the adage there’s no replacement for displacement, the ZZ572/620 is the ultimate expression of Chevrolet Performance’s engineering capability, wrapped up in a soul-stirring combination of performance and attitude. We build the ZZ572/620 with huge 4.560-inch bores and a 4.375-inch stroke to help it deliver 621 hp and a stunning 861 Nm.
Strength comes from a latest-generation tall-deck block casting with four-bolt main caps and an all-forged rotating assembly. High-flow aluminum rectangular-port cylinder heads with massive 310cc intake passages, 1.88 inch raised exhaust ports and 118cc combustion chambers process tremendous airflow. A hydraulic roller camshaft with an impressive 0.632/0.632-inch lift and 254/264-degree duration specifications optimizes the airflow volume enabled by the large-port heads.
- Engine Type: Chevy Tall Deck Big-Block V-8
- Displacement (cu. in.): 572
- Bore x Stroke (in.): 4.560 x 4.375
- Block (P/N 19212195): Cast-iron with four-bolt main caps
- Crankshaft (P/N 88961554): Forged steel
- Connecting Rods (P/N 88962926): Forged steel, shot peened
- Pistons (P/N 88962925): Forged aluminum
- Camshaft Type (P/N 19210721): Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft Lift (in.): .632 intake / .632 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 254° intake / 264° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads (P/N 12499255): Aluminum rectangular port, 118-cc chambers.
- Valve Size (in.): 2.250 intake / 1.880 exhaust; stainless steel
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Rocker Arms (P/N 12361323): Aluminum roller style
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
- Distributor (P/N 88961867): HEI
- Carburetor (P/N 19170095): 850-cfm
- Water Pump (P/N 19168602): Aluminum, short-style
- Spark Plugs and Wires: Included
- Flexplate (P/N 12561217): 14"
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
- Ignition Timing: 36° Total @ 4,000
- Maximum Recommended rpm: 6000
- Balanced: Internal
• Due to crate fitment, the carburetor is shipped uninstalled and needs to be installed by an engine installer.
• Clutch linkage boss is now drilled and tapped. When using cast-iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads, for clearance.
• Requires addition of starter and fuel pump (not included).
• Gen VI tall-deck block has machined mechanical fuel pump boss.
• Comes with a 14" automatic transmission flexplate. Requires internally balanced flywheel for manual transmission applications.
• Not intended for marine applications.